Another day, more attacks. Severodonetsk in the Lukansk region is Russia’s “immediate tactical priority”, which continues to bomb residential areas. In Kharkiv, a grave was filled with Ukrainian flags – one for each soldier who fell in front. Zelensky today met with the Polish president, who has shown strong support for the country. Highlights of Day 88 War:
– Zhelensky extended the country’s martial law for three months until August 22.
– The UK Ministry of Defense has identified the city of Severotnetsk in the Lukansk region of eastern Ukraine as an “immediate tactical priority” for Russia.
– Said the Russian Ministry of Defense Destroyed six Ukrainian military command positions Not SaturdayIncluding three missiles and three other air strikes. According to Ukrainian officials, Russian troops have bombed 12 residential areas in the Donetsk region of eastern Ukraine in the past 24 hours, destroying 58 civilian infrastructure.
– Authorities in the Zaporyjia region announced that civilians were injured after a Russian missile attack on a village. The explosions at midnight would have woken people up.
– Ukraine may lose Up to 100 players per day Fighting in the eastern region, Zelensky said.
– The sea of flags represents the graves of soldiers who died in the Kharkiv cemetery. Besliudivka Cemetery has had an army unit for many years, but it has been burying more and more soldiers since the invasion began in February. A flag was placed at each tomb.
– Russia has warned that the Arctic is becoming an “international arena for military action”, which it has classified as “extremely dangerous.” Read here.
– Mayor Andriy Shevchyk, founded by Russia in the occupied city of Enerhodar, was injured in the blast and is in intensive care. The city’s elected mayor, Dimitrov Orlov, said no one else was injured in the blast, which was described as a “precision and targeted attack”.
– Passed by the Ukrainian Parliament Bill to ban symbols of Russian invasionIncluding the letters Z and V, said Deputy Yaroslav Zheleznyak.
– The President of Poland, Andrzej Duda, met with the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky this Sunday. In his first private address to parliament in Kiev since the start of the Russian invasion, he thanked Ukraine for defending Europe against what he called “Russian imperialism.” “Independent world looks like Ukraine”, He also called on Kiev to comply with recent calls for talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin and some of his demands.
– In June, Zelensky reaffirmed his hope for Ukraine’s candidate status for the European Union (EU). In turn, the Polish President promised: “I will not retire until Ukraine becomes a member of the European Union.”.
– However, this hope was shattered by the statements of the French Minister for European Affairs. “We have to be honest. If you say that Ukraine will join the EU in six months or a couple of years, they are lying,” Clement Beyonc said. “It’s probably 15 or 20 years, it’s going to take a long time.”
– Russian Transport Minister Vitaly Savelyev acknowledges that international sanctions have been imposed on Russia Impact on logistics From the country.
– The President of Serbia has stated that Belgrade will refrain from associating himself with Western sanctions against Russia and will hold talks with his Russian counterpart to sign a new gas supply agreement.